Sunday, August 26, 2007

A New Beginning...

So I thought I would write a little bit as I am contemplating the Big Step that will occur tomorrow. Tomorrow is the first day of school. My first day of teaching! A new step in my life. As I think about the day ahead I am excited, nervous, happy, and sad. I am excited that it is finally time to do what I was meant to do. Nervous to think about all that will have to be done and if I can really succeed. Happy because I will do what I love, yet, sad because I think about my Grandaddy. He cried on my first day of Kindergarten and I know that he would cry tomorrow. He would be proud of me and what I have done. I just know that he will be looking down on me with pride and joy tomorrow. He said before he died that he wanted to know that I was going to college to make something of myself. I did and now I am beginning that journey of making something of not only myself but the young minds of the 85 students that I will be teaching this year. Grandaddy I'm doing the best that I can and I hope you are proud... I love you and miss you! Well, I better be off to bed to start a new day and new step in life tomorrow. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck this year girl. I know you will do great. Your Grandaddy will definately be proud. Thanks for the tour of your pad! Looks awesome! The kids are going to love coming there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home